New house insurance program for BC homeowners
We are pleased to announce that Habitat Insurance is now offering a new house insurance program for homes located in British Columbia. This program offers comprehensive coverage with generous features and special limits coverages at excellent premiums.
Examples of homes recently insured under this program at Habitat Insurance:
|Building replacement cost of building*||Total premium (including earthquake coverage**)|
* Premiums determined based on a variety of factors, including location, age of home, claims history, etc. Contact Habitat Insurance for a confirmed quote.
** Lower premiums offered for homeowners who do not require earthquake coverage.
Not all insurance policies are created equal. Insurance companies may offer lower base premiums, but require homeowners to pay additional premiums for extended coverage. Our insurance program includes many coverages and higher sub-limits at no additional charge. Judge for yourself: below is a list of the special policy features currently offered in this house insurance program:
- Replacement Cost on Contents
- Guaranteed Replacement Cost on the Building
- All Risks/Comprehensive coverage on Building and Contents (superior coverage to “Broad coverage” type policies)
- $50,000 on Bylaws
- $10,000 Business Property at the Residence of the Insured
- $5,000 Business Property away from the residence
- $15,000 on Credit Card Forgery
- $25,000 on Identity Theft
- $10,000 on Jewellery, Watches, and Furs
- $25,000 on Jewellery, Watches, and Furs contained in a Safety Deposit Box
- $5,000 on Coin Collections
- $5,000 on Stamp Collections
- $5,000 on Sports Cards
- $10,000 on Securities
- $1,000 on Money
- $3,000 on Watercraft
- $15,000 on Personal Property of Insured or Dependant While Living in a Nursing Home
- $10,000 on Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Garden Tractors, or Other Motorized Garden Equipment, and Motorized Golf Carts
- No Limit for Personal Property Temporarily Away From your Premises
- $10,000 on Personal Computers
- $1,000 on Laptops Stolen from a Vehicle or while Off Premises
- No Limit on Silverware
- No Limit on Bicycles
- No Theft from Vehicle Limitation
- No Limit for Fire Department Service Charges
- No Limit for Personal Property of Students While Attending School
- No Limit for Home Freezer and Frozen Food Spoilage Coverage.
- Disappearing Deductible for Losses over $10,000.
- $2,000 Reward Coverage.
- Outdoor Trees and Plants (5% of Coverage “A” or “C” up to $1,000 per item).
- Coverage for Fair Rental Value if Rented Space Becomes Unfit for Occupancy due to Damage by an Insured Peril.
- Coverage for Impact by an Owned Vehicle.
- Mass Evacuation Included.
- Water Damage Caused by Backing Up of Drain Spouts and Eaves Included.
- Broad Water Damage and Sewer/Drain Backup Included
- Optional: Earthquake coverage with 5% deductible
If you are a homeowner and would like to know if your house qualifies for this insurance program, please contact our Habitat Insurance for a complimentary quote. One of our professional brokers will be happy to assist you.
Copyright 2013 © Habitat Insurance Agencies Ltd. All rights reserved. Disclaimer: This article is designed to provide information for personal use only. Please consult your professional insurance broker for professional advice. Habitat Insurance Agencies Ltd is not responsible for any legal disputes of this matter.